Keep track of your assets as soon as they become part of your company up until you dispose of them. Opera 3 Fixed Assets will track their depreciation rates and maintain the correct net book value for them throughout their life cycle. It caters for all types of assets, including Finance or Operating Lease and Hire Purchase or Lease Purchase assets. What’s more, the import routine makes it straight forward to import existing asset lists from a spreadsheet in bulk.
If you are trading within the European Union there are complex VAT rules you have to comply with regarding the importing and exporting of goods. These rules can be difficult to adhere to and failure to comply can result in financial penalties. To assist you, these complex rules are automatically built into Opera 3 EC VAT to make it easier for you to trade in Europe.
You can define and maintain the information to produce the EC Sales List (ESL) and Supplementary Declarations (SD), including country codes, modes of transport, terms of delivery, commodity codes and nature of transaction codes for Intrastat purposes. The EC Sales List can also produce a XML upload file for submission via the HMRC website.
If you are using foreign currency accounts, appropriate VAT rate codes for EC sales and purchases can also be set up, this application will then gather the information necessary to create the returns for trading with EU member countries.
Opera 3 handles unlimited currencies, exchange rates per transaction type and the calculation and recording of exchange rate fluctuations.
“As Ibonhart trades internationally, multi currency within Opera 3 is quite an important function for us as it allows us to reconcile on a daily basis with the up-do-date exchange rates” Sheila Austin, Accounts and Payroll Manager
With Cashbook you can post transactions directly from Financials, while the reconciliation function allows you to post unexpected entries, interrogate transactions and save incomplete reconciliations so you can finish them later.
“Cashbook for us has been a real game changer; it saves us an enormous amount of money and also means that we as a business can manage our risk”. Guy Atkins, Managing Director, Jo Bird
Nominal Ledger contains analysis of Account, Type, Sub-type, Cost Centre, plus two further user-definable levels as standard, giving you access and in-depth analysis at transaction level.
Management information and reports are available from Financials, Supply Chain and Payroll & HR. You can apply budgets at all four analysis levels, for current or future periods and years, with full percentage variance analysis and reporting. You can easily change your year start date and maintain your data integrity.
The Nominal Ledger offers the Open Period Accounting functionality; transactions can be posted with ease from other applications such as Sales, Purchase, Cashbook, and Payroll into any open period of the last, current or next 3 financial years. Other applications post to the Nominal Ledger by either batch update or real-time transfer. Mis-posted nominal journal entries can be overturned and rectified quickly and accurately.
In Opera 3, all your supplier transactions are systematically and securely managed from start to finish. Your cash flow is automated with comprehensive cheque and BACS payment routines, e-mail remittances (individual or batched), and the calculation of creditor days.
This gives you dynamic access to purchase information across multiple periods and you can view the information you need in a variety of ways.
The integrated Purchase Invoice Register allows invoices and credit notes to be posted and remain in the register until they are approved, giving you increased control. Payment workflow is enhanced though BACS and cheque payment routines combined with e-mail remittance, it is also possible to create an Asset record when posting an invoice to save re-keying information.
The Retrospective Creditors report in the Purchase Ledger produces a list of outstanding supplier debts as at a date specified, aged according to the length of time the debt has been outstanding. The report can be printed and output to Excel.
The Sales Ledger has credit control facilities so that customer account information is easily accessible. It makes revenue forecasting easy with the automatic calculation of average debtor days for both individual customers and your company.
Statements, copy invoices and debtors letters can be emailed, your sales information can be viewed in a way that is meaningful to you, as Opera 3 offers Views that you can customise. Naturally, this application caters for multi-currency and handles all your customer profiles and trading terms, as well as invoices, credit notes, receipts, refunds and adjustments.
The Retrospective Debtors report in the Sales Ledger produces a list of outstanding customer debts as at a date specified, aged according to the length of time the debt has been outstanding. The report can be printed and output to Excel.
Supply Chain Management
Provides fast and accurate manufacturing information including work in progress, assembly structure detail, where used or assembly cost reports and batch/serial item location from works orders. It features automatic work order generation from sales orders, batch works order progression with a comprehensive enquiry facility. Assembly structures can be simple or complex, including sub-assemblies and components such as raw materials, labour or description only. The kitting function also allows further flexibility by enabling works orders to be raised and receive the build quantity of the finished assembly into stock in a single process.
Generates sales documents, applies customers’ price lists, discounts and credit limits. Also provides back to back order processing facilities when circumstances dictate, as well as part-progression of sales documents. Allocation and picking provides even greater control over the sales and delivery cycle.
Stock takes are a vital part of maintaining the accuracy of a stock control system. Knowing that stock levels are accurate means that you can confidently take sales orders from your customers, expecting delivery dates will be met. It also means that your stock holding accurately reflects your requirements meaning purchasing and manufacturing decisions are made based on your actual stock positions. This reduces the need to hold expensive excess stock, improving cash flow nd potentially reducing insurance cover.
Deliberately designed to simplify the way your business manages stock and its requirements. Supporting numerous costing methods, it tracks your stock movements – even across multiple warehouses. Quarantine warehouses can be used to inspect goods prior to them being moved into stock and you can also apply different cost and selling prices for each warehouse, enabling you to arrange your stockholding to your own preferences.
Payroll and HR
- Export information to Microsoft products such as Word and Excel
- Send reports via e-mail
- Payroll administrator and management reports delivered via e-mail
- Regularly notify staff of remaining holiday entitlement automatically by e-mail
- Automatically notify managers of Payroll requirement by e-mail
- Employee diary showing sickness, holidays, maternity and compassionate leave, and training
- Variable employee working patterns reflected within the diary
- Accurate days, hours and minutes event recording and analysis
- Keep records for up to 99 years, including job changes and salary updates
- Pro-rata holiday entitlement and holiday carry-over
- Mixed Pension schemes per company
- Stakeholder Pensions
- Fixed amount
- Percentage of definable figure
- Group Personal Pension
- Freestanding AVC
- Up to three different LEL/UEL criteria
- Departmental reporting
- Payslip, cheque and BACS list generation
- P35, P14 and P60 End-of-Year reports
- P45(1), P45(3) and P46 In-Year reports
- P11 Deductions Working Sheet
- P32 employer’s Payment Record, with payment and funding recording and multi-company consolidation
- This Period and To Date summaries
- Comprehensive statutory payments, Attachment Orders and pension contribution reports
- Additional Reporter module available, for the creation of your own reports
- Address, bank details and holidays
- Tax and National Insurance To-Date details
- Payments and deductions – permanent and temporary values, retained units and rates, zero this period facility
- Quick calculation – showing net pay, total deductions and NI’able earnings
- Retained History with payslip image drill down
- Employee photograph attachment
- Ability to embed documents, spreadsheets etc, via OLE technology
Under RTI, employers and pension providers need to tell HMRC about PAYE payments at the time they are made. Opera 3 payroll caters fully for the submission of Real Time Information, including the Full Payment Submission (FPS) required for each pay period.
- Multi-user, with Company and Group password control and menu level access restriction
- Full integration with Opera 3 Document Management
- Links to the Nominal Ledger, Cashbook and Costing Financial modules of Opera 3
- Definable cheque and payslip designs to suit Company stationery requirements
- Create unlimited Companies with unlimited employees per Company
- Weekly, fortnightly, four weekly and monthly paid employees can be maintained all in one company
- Employee profiles for efficient employee record creation
- Employee payment details and payslip images can be retained for up to 999 pay periods
- Payslips from past periods can be reprinted at any time
- Employees can be paid via BACS, reducing the time and costs required to process payments
- Submit Year-End Returns via the Government Gateway using the Pegasus Online Filing Manager
- In-Year P45(1), P45(3) and P46 file generation for online submission using the Online Filing Manager
- Filtered Historical employee record processing to current legislative bandwidths
- Automated Director’s National Insurance calculations
- Multiple Pension Scheme management
- Track report on key field changes for the Payroll year using the Audit Log
- Backup and Restore facility
- Fully automated SSP, SMP and SPP (Birth) processing and reporting, with complex legislation built in
- Automated Attachment Orders processing and reporting
- Retrospective NI code changes with automatic adjustment value calculation and processing
- Caters for Holiday pay across year-end
Opera 3 Payroll integrates with NEST Pensions and NOW: Pensions allowing you to manage your auto enrolment duties electronically
Changes to the pensions law (the Workplace Pensions Reform) mean that employers must enrol their employees into a pension scheme and pay into it. Opera 3 payroll will handle your auto enrolment requirements, from categorising your workers and auto enrolling them to managing employer and employee contributions and handling opt-ins and opt-outs.
Opera 3 Payroll is available as a stand-alone application or integrates with the other applications available for Opera 3; linking seamlessly to Personnel and P11D Organiser.
When your sales team is out on the road, it is essential to be able to manage SPM data on the move.
CRM Remote allows users to work offline with CRM and other Opera 3 related data with synchronisation of the CRM data back to the main system via a virtual private network (VPN) or local area network (LAN) connection.
CRM is a fully integrated application of Opera 3 that gives you clear visibility into all stages of the sales process. From the first point of contact, you can manage prospects, convert prospects to customers, manage the customer relationship, report on their profitability and increase your business potential with them, all from one solution.
By streamlining your marketing activity and sales cycle, Opera 3 gives you the power to manage progression from prospect to customer. It helps make sure you never miss an opportunity or lose sight of a customer, and gives the sales team vital access to all prospect and customer information, even when on the road.
Once a prospect becomes a customer, you can continue to log activity such as mailings, conversations, tasks and promotion. Opera 3 CRM integrates with Outlook, Excel and Word so that you can manage your communications.
Seamless integration with Supply Chain Management and Financials eliminates re-keying and ensures account information is always close at hand.
Opera 3 CRM makes it easy for you to generate specific quotations for a customer or prospect. You can also create tailored mailshots using contacts filtered by criteria or pre-defined groups, for more intelligent marketing. It analyse opportunities by referral method, type and competitor.
The Notification Services feature has been extended to the CRM application to improve Helpdesk Call communication. Notifications can be sent to users in the following scenarios; Creation of a new Helpdesk Call, the Status or Priority of an existing Helpdesk Call changing, the user receives ownership or is allocated an existing Helpdesk Call, and when a new or existing note on a Helpdesk Call has been added or amended.
Opera 3 CRM integrates fully with Financials and Supply Chain applications and can be accessed by remote workers.
In today’s hectic business environment, employees need more tools and information to win new customers and manage existing customer relationships. With Customer Relationship Management (CRM) you gain total control over customers and prospects, whatever your goal.
Pegasus Web Xchange
Find out how much your business could save instead of printing and posting payslips for your employees with our ROI calculator .
improves communication between users by allowing the website administrator to send an e-mail to single or multiple recipients. The administrator can also schedule the e-mail to be sent at a given date and time, and resend all or failed e-mails.
The Payroll Self Service is the first feature of Pegasus Web Xchange. Integrating with Opera 3 Payroll & HR, the Payroll Self Service lets your employees view and manage their personal data, holiday entitlement, payslips and P60 End of Year Certificates on the move 24/7.
- Information at your fingertips.
- Secure access wherever your employees are.
- Employees can update their personal data.
- Saves valuable HR time and costs – they can use their time more efficiently and be more productive.
- Employees don’t have to be a user of Opera 3 to access their personal data.
Using new browser based technology, Pegasus Web Xchange provides a set of services that are used to securely access and view Opera 3 data via a web browser. Users can log in from a range of mobile devices through supported web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari.